An investment promotion and facilitation forum for the Non-Resident Tamils
The Tamil speaking population is spread across the globe and have been a great pillar of support to the State’s progress and prosperity. Though they live at different geographies, they always cherish their cultural roots in the State. There are lakhs of people from Tamil Nadu who are at various positions in public and private institutions across the globe. Government of Tamil Nadu feels it necessary to provide a platform to channelise the potential of the Global Tamil Community in promotion of business investments into Tamil Nadu by effectively utilising their valuable inputs, facilitating their investments and utilising their network across the world for the overall benefit of the State.
The forum will have a dedicated team of officers with experience in investment promotion, public relations, economics, etc., and will do the following functions.
- Get in touch with the Tamil diaspora, welfare associations, trade bodies, etc., across the world.
- Create an online platform for regular interactions of the Global Tamil Community with Guidance Bureau to send their investment related queries, proposals, etc.
- Identify the “Investment Ambassadors” among the members of the Tamil Community, who will be disseminating information about the business climate, investment potential, competitive strengths and advantages, etc., of Tamil Nadu to the potential overseas investors. They will also help in coordinating overseas roadshows
- Handhold the investors from Non- Resident Tamils by facilitating land allotments, providing single window clearances and other necessary support till they successfully execute their investment projects in Tamil Nadu and also provide necessary after care.
- Facilitate interactions among the Tamil communities across countries.
- Refer the issues, if any, raised by Non-resident Tamils to the Public Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, Office of the Resident Commissioner of Tamil Nadu, New Delhi or other State Government departments and agencies, wherever their intervention is necessary.
The Government is confident that this forum will help in effectively utilising the support of Global Tamil Community in progress of Tamil Nadu and further enhance Tamil Nadu’s stature as one of the most preferred investment destinations.